By default, profiles are visible to “Group Members Only”, so only members of groups you’ve joined can view your profile. You can change the privacy settings through your account settings.
How to change your privacy settings:
1. Visit the Peatix homepage and log into your account by clicking "Register/Login" in the upper right corner. After you are logged in, click on your account name in the upper right corner, and select "Account settings".
2. In your account settings you can change the privacy of your public profile:
- Public: Everybody can access your profile page
- Group Members only: Only users who are members of the same group can access your profile
- Only me: Nobody can access your profile page
The default privacy setting is “Group Members Only”. Privacy settings, however, will automatically change when you create a group. If you host a group on Peatix, your profile will be made public and privacy settings cannot be changed. This is so that your group can be made discoverable for more people to join!
If you select the "Only me" option, your account nickname will still be shown on a group followers list. You can also change your account nickname in your account settings.